My First Trip To Miri

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! It's already 10th of July! Time! Can you please stop flying??? No wait. I think it's my laziness that's causing the time to fly without me knowing it. Hmm....I feel so.......speechless when I saw my June archive has only 3 posts =.= So mengesiankan diri only. I wonder what happened to all my blogging mood? I used to blog alot kan? I used to crap alot kan? What happened to me?!?!?!

Ok ok let me finish this post before I crap some more. Else it's just gonna be another procrastination.

MIRI! Was where I went during Father's Day weekend. Flew in on Friday night and came back on Sunday noon. My very first time to Miri. Was very excited cos I'm gonna explore the city, like finally!

Friday night when we reached, bf's stepmom picked us up from the airport and we went to his dad's stall to eat. His dad works at 5050 Cafe in case anyone wants to go there and try =P I was so hungry that yes I ate the food without first taking the photo of it =.= We headed home straight after that and rest for the night cos it's gonna be a long day tomorrow.

Saturday morning!

Breakfast at bf's dad's best friend's cafe. Ok that's a long acknowledgement. Let's just call him Mr Boon. I don't know what's the name of the shop cos I didn't manage to check in. It's in chinese word anyway. His cafe was so packed early in the morning cos of his famous char kueh tiaw. He had been in the cooking industry for more than 20years. Before we flew in on Friday night, bf kept telling me stories about Mr Boon and of course, about his char kueh tiaw.

After breakfast, it's the merry-go-round-Miri time!
Commercial break: This is the princess of the family aka bf's youngest sister. She's only 4 years old =.= Such a sweety~ Talks alot! Hyper active! The lil girl I spent my entire time searching for hair clips and other accessories for her. Haha! Oh and she has mood swings too =.=

Ok back to business. First stop, we went to Bintang Megamall. I wanted to shop but then somehow they were not into shopping so we were there for about 30mins and off we went to another place.

From Avanza, we switched to yatch! =D Nope we did not go on board. That's just a jetty we passed by. I can only gasp when I saw this view. It's like Miami! Only smaller version.

We came to this old clinic. No no we're not here for the doctor. We're here for something else.

For this nice sheds? Nah~ But I think it's kinda creative how they build these er.....I don't know how to explain. Probably they used to have chairs and tables there for people to chill out but then it's no longer in use. If only the government take the time to maintain this place. I'm pretty sure it can be one good tourist spot.

See what I meant? You can always have weekend picnic here. Or maybe open up a restaurant then set up candlelit dinner on each of the square-fenced-box. It would be really romantic! Cos it's facing the sea!

Therefore, a seahorse was built there! In Sarawak, each city has either a fruit or an animal to represent. As for Miri, it's the seahorse. Standing proudly on top! It's really sad how this place is kinda not-well-maintained. Sigh.........

Oh Hello from Miri! =D This place is definitely windy cos it's located just by the sea. Ah breezy wind~

Again, Hi from Miri! =D I love how this photo turned out. Edited it from Photobucket. Gives me a picnic feel. I can just sit there for the whole day enjoying the scenery and wind. Lovely~

See how calm the sea is. The blue horizon....

Back in car and off we were swept away to another beautiful place.

Welcome to the famous beach of Miri, Tanjong. Also my bf's favourite hang-out place in Miri. The government (I think) are gonna build a resort stretching out from one jetty to another.

This is the jetty. There's another one to the right. As shown on the plan, if you view from top, it's gonna be the shape of a seahorse. I can't wait til it's done! Definitely gonna come! Hopefully they have helicopter service that can bring us up to capture the soon-to-be mesmerizing view.

After a long morning, we went back home to recharge our body for the second session. Shopping and dinner!

After we sent bf's dad to work at around 4pm, we drove to Boulevard and shopped there. Ok I must say this. I'm so glad our Boulevard at Kuching is SO MUCH BETTER than theirs. I'm sorry Mirians but you guys should come to Kuching's Boulevard. You'll go home with beautiful stories to tell =P Yes I am proud and should I insist, super proud of Kuching! 

Within half an hour of walking around, I gave up. Yes I did bought stuff. But it's just stuff for the princess and nothing for myself. Maybe I should head over to Bintang Megamall instead. I'm so not going back Boulevard the next time I'm at Miri.

Later, we went to search for Father's Day cake for the night's celebration. Bf's brother's gf brought us to a bakery nearby and we managed to secure a pre-made fruit cheese cake.

Father's Day dinner. Bf's stepmom booked a table at New Tanjong Seafood Restaurant. A very famous place for seafood at night. The place was kinda packed. There's a few restaurants located at the same place. Nice simple restaurant. Nothing luxury.

Uncle observing the cake we bought.

Happy with the cake and finally looked up for a photo. Haha!

Family photo after dinner. Yes. That's how many siblings my bf has. 5 brothers and 1 sister. Powerful parents kan? Hahahahaha!

After dinner it's just home. No where else to go at night. Not that we doesn't want to go out but because bf is not familiar with the road there cos it's been so long since he last went home. And we didn't want to bother the brothers so it's just home and sleep.

Sunday morning!

Woke up super early to accompany bf's dad to market. It's his daily routine to buy veges for use at work. He's a cook remember? Oh btw, bf's 2nd brother is also a cook who owns a cafe with few friends. It's called Golden Luck Cafe. Located just behind Boulevard.

After market, we went for breakfast. Uncle said this handmade noodle is very nice so I gave it a try. To me, I don't complain about food but I think this is just ok. A very normal noodle. The only thing that's making the noodle nice is the fried onions. =)

After breakfast, we sent uncle to workplace for him to prepare his stuff. The two of us just walked around the place while waiting for uncle to be done before going to lunch then airport.

It's time for us to head home now. Kinda sucks that the weekend had to end this fast cos I haven't finish exploring the whole of Miri. We're gonna go back every year for Father's Day celebration. Hopefully next year we will have a better weekend escapade~ See you again Miri!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Came True

YBKMM Excellent Brand Appreciation Charity Night'10

Celcom Xplay Party