Sarawak Pepper

A week ago, I flew KL another time for Westlife concert. Gahhhhh I know I'm flying like mad girl here. But hey it's fun! Maybe I should do it more often =P~

So this time it was only a 3 days 2 nights trip. Short weekend getaway. Anyway, previous trip I didn't get anything for Soul cos I forgot =.= What a Mate. So I text him few days earlier to ask if he wanted anything from Kuching. He said some pepper would be good. 

And being a SUPER SAKAI girl of Kuching. I dare to admit, I never bought pepper before. Sad kan? I don't know where to buy and don't know the price and I didn't even know there's actually black pepper and white pepper. And then they come in powder and seed. I went blank when my colleagues asked me what type of pepper I want. *gasp!*

Immediately I text Soul again to get him to ask his mom about it. And white pepper was it! One problem solved. Another problem, where do I get to buy pepper? I was thinking India Street must have but that area is super pack and I hated it much. Thank goodness bf told me about a shop at Petanak area called Chai Fo Pien. Convenient for me cos it's just behind my office. But bad cos they didn't open until evening. So I had to get up early to buy =.=

Reluctantly on Thursday morning I woke up half an hour earlier, rushed myself to shower and breakfast then head down to Petanak shop. The dumbest thing happened there. 

Girl: Mau cari apa
Me: Pepper....er......... *blank!*
Girl: Apa?
Me: Er.......*brain think brain!!!* Lada!
Girl: Lada? Lada apa?
Me: *shit!* Lada powder!
Girl: Ha? (went to ask another girl)
Girl 2: Lada? Lada tepung ka?
Me: Yayayaya!!!! *nodding head like dumbass!*

I feel SUPER STUPID at that moment =.=''' So in the end I bought 2 packets of white pepper powder. My first experience of buying pepper went down the drain. 

There you go. RM9 each packet. Man I feel so ashamed of being a Sarawakian and yet never bought pepper in my whole 23 years of life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Came True

Celcom Xplay Party

YBKMM Excellent Brand Appreciation Charity Night'10