Meeting Goh Wee Ping

Ah! It's already 21st of August! What happened to my back-blogging you ask? Erm....laziness kicks in as usual =P Yeah cos I was so packed up with editing those photos. Not just tens but hundreds of them! Couldn't stand editing them every single day and so I slowed down and then it came to never ending history. Hehe... Gonna do a quick post here. 

Tonight I was invited by a dear friend Jenny to attend a seminar held by Tokio Marine Life, an insurance company from Japan. The highlight isn't about insurance though. Ok so I was hesitating to go until yesterday I finally gave in the opportunity and boy I was whisked off by the charm of someone =D

Tokio Marine Life Kuching invited a famous local tv host who is also an actor himself. Namely Goh Wee Ping. Hails from Sri Aman and moved to Kuching during his childhood times. Wootz! I never knew he's a Sarawakian! We Sarawakian surely did produce good talents! Lately the a director was being discovered as well kan? I forgot his name and am lazy to Google but yeah, he directed the film The Conjouring. Should be proud as a Sarawakian!

When Jenny told me about him and showed me his photo, I was a lil blur thinking who is this handsome chap. But when I saw him tonight in person, the bell finally hits me! He's from the show Deal or No Deal which was on tv couple of years ago on NTV7. I remember how me and my mom used to catch up with the show everytime. Haha!

So, he talked about his life, his career success and shared his thoughts on insurance field. He's a very friendly and humorous guy. Needless to say, the ladies in the room were all thrilled to see him and with his sweet smile, I myself was mesmerized! Haha! 

Back to insurance talk. Again, you know me, I'm always and mind you, this never ends, people always approach me wanting to recruit me as an insurance agent. But ah! I remember back when I was only 19 years old, I did had an experience with insurance field. I was filled with courage and all but I was hit so hard that the moment I left this field I told myself that I'm never gonna go back. I know I know, you're gonna say never say never. Oh we'll see =)

But events that happened today, I really gotta rethink about my own career. What do I really wanna do? It's not about the money you know. Yes I may be broke and jobless now but I still hold on to the firm ground believing that happiness is way more important than money. It's not about doing what you like but liking what you do. Someone just gave me these words tonight. Hit me hard on my head. Gotta put on more pillows tonight to think about my whole life. 

Anyway, who would miss a photo with the handsome chap right? Heee~

I believe God made us cross path for a reason. For what reason? Time will tell...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Came True

Celcom Xplay Party

YBKMM Excellent Brand Appreciation Charity Night'10